· Open the "Firmware," "Router Upgrade," or "Update" page. The name of this page will be different for every different router manufacturer. The location varies, but you can usually find it in the "Administration," "Utilities," or "Maintenance" section.
· Look for a firmware version number that you can compare to the one you downloaded. Transfer the firmware file to the router. Some routers might require a flash drive that contains the firmware file, plugged into an open USB port on the router, but others let you upgrade the firmware from the router's control panel.
· To update your router’s firmware, type your router’s IP address into your web browser and enter your login information. Then locate the Firmware or Update section and download the latest firmware update on your router manufacturer’s …
· Go to the Configuration Page and select Firmware Version. Then, upload your unzipped file and let the router install the update. Asus also …
· Select Firmware Update or Router Update. The label varies by router. Click Choose File or Browse, then locate and select the firmware file that ends in .img or .chk. Click the Upload button. After you click the UPDATE button, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting.
· The label varies by router. Select Firmware Update or Router Update. Click Check. The router searches for new firmware. If new firmware is available, click Yes. After you click Yes, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process can take a few minutes.
Click on System Tools-Firmware Upgrade (or Firmware); click on Browse/Choose File to find the extracted firmware file and click open. Step 5 Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the upgrade has been finished.
Select "Desktop" (or choose another folder if you prefer), then click "Save." The downloaded firmware file should now be saved on your computer. 10. Now to install the saved file, select "Browse" on the Upgrade Firmware screen. 11. Navigate to your Desktop (or the folder location where you saved the file in step 9).
Use a wired computer for stable connectivity. It is NOT recommended to update the firmware via Wi-Fi as it may cause permanent damage to the router. Use another browser if your default browser does not work. Alternatively, you can use another computer to perform the upgrade.
TalkTalk Firmware Update. 5. Now if you find that your firmware / software version is old then download the TalkTalk router update tool from the download link which is provided at the end of the article. 6. Connect your TalkTalk router to PC with original LAN cable. 7. Now download and run the file. During the download, your broadband will disconnect and your router will restart. Don’t worry ...
If you really want the world to beat a path to your door, try taking a nap.