· Applying the firmware version from before the bug, DD-WRT v3.0-r28054 big (10/30/15), has yielded stable results for 12 hours now of pretty heavy usage ... the longest span of stability I've experienced with this device! I'll update the wiki if this consistency remains for a full week of up-time and try to reach out to the development team to see if I can help troubleshoot the root cause.
At launch, the RT-N66U was limited to 32k nvram. However, CFE (bootloader) version 22.214.171.124 added 64k nvram support around April 2013, but was not compatible with DD-WRT firmware at that time. For details, see these forum links to historical nvram and 64K implemention discussions: Fractal comments and "RT-N66 CFE Thread"
· I need help with 2.6 not 3.x so it shouldn't be the same stuff your posting over and over. The wiki hasn't helped and there are many variants of tutorials that try to explain how to do it, each one seems to be different and so far none have worked for me. Back to top: chaser07 DD-WRT Novice Joined: 26 Jun 2017 Posts: 3: Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:32 Post subject: I have successfully …
· I originally had the following firmware: dd-wrt.v24-26138_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx Then tried the newest beta: dd-wrt.v24-31924_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U.trx It did not help.. I tried all cables used from my PC to cable modem, both works fine.. I have eliminated all but the Asus RT66U. What could be the issue?
· That's why I've been "annoying" on this whole upgrading CFE issue... Because I'm noob even after reading everything Edit: Oh.. My friend came over to play Diablo. Didn't even know he knew how to use putty.. THANKS FRIEND! Time to install DD-WRT 64K _____ ASUS RT-N66U Build 21402 mega 64K CFE Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Build BS18740 standard generic: Back to top: BLaZe_ru1 DD-WRT …
· Asus RT-N66U DD-WRT Forum Forum Index-> Broadcom SoC based Hardware: Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3Previous 1, 2, 3
· next i try 30/30/30 via wps button (cuz ASUS) then dd-wrt.v24-39956_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_RT-N66U latest again it fires up, but wifi SSID is tomatoe24 and admin isnt accepting defualt login nor the only login that i have been using also usb light is on and i have not used usb's another 30/30/30 still tomato's router name and ssid is retained,
Asus WL500G (Original) - For initial flash see All Asus WL-500xx series routers Asus WL-500G Deluxe Asus WL-500G Premium specific wiki page ( in german ) ( in english )
The micro version of DD-WRT is the only version for Broadcom routers with 2MB flash. It is stripped-down with only basic features to fit in the limited flash space, and additional software packages are unlikely to fit. Despite these limitations, for existing owners, DD-WRT micro is likely to add additional functionality over OEM firmware.
broadcom-wl does not support the wifi core (BCM4331) in the Asus-RT-N66U, the driver is too old. The network problem should be fixed by now. Apparently there is support, otherwise dd-wrt wouldn't be able to do it. I have this firmware loaded on my RT-N66U and wireless works (uses kernel 3.9.4):
Do all you can and trust God to do what you cannot.